Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Something More

I kind of felt like an idiot sending out so many postcards when it seems logical that with a bad economy and readily accessible stock sites, none of these 299 contacts were going to hire me any time soon. Everyone uses stock. I decided it was time to become a stock photographer.


Although I rarely used iStock when I was searching for images, they claim to be No. 1, they claim to keep a better eye on protecting your images if you sign with them exclusively, and they pay better than Shutter Stock. So, I filled out the application, took the photo test, and sent three pictures of food. Now I'm supposed to wait two weeks for a response.


In the meantime, I answered some ads on craigslist this week. One woman called me back about a beauty shoot with three models. That sounded good, but I have no idea what the models look like. That makes it tough to talk stylists into donating their time and talent to the shoot...

No comments: