Sunday, June 22, 2008

Not so Much

In much less than the two weeks I was told I'd have to wait, I received an email from iStock today saying that I need to reapply because my submissions were too similar in subject and/or style. I thought that was really stupid. I should submit three photos in completely different styles of completely different subjects to show that I have no idea what I'm doing and happened to luck into taking three decent photos? So annoying.


After sifting through all the possible candidates of different subjects and different styles that don't require me to track down a model release, I still wasn't happy. I didn't bother to finish up the illustrations for my vector illustration application like I had planned. Between my annoyance with the first rejection and my inability to copy Illustrator successfully onto my laptop, I just didn't feel like it.


Then to really ruminate on self-doubt, I went to the Click! blog to see if there were any updates on the exhibition that opens next week. Approximately 78 if the 389 pictures that were judged for the exhibition will be on display. There's no way of knowing yet which 78 are in the exhibition and what size they will be displayed.


Luckily Camp Rock premiered on Disney tonight, and watching the hardship of being a 7-year-old who has to wait all the way until 8 'o-clock at night (waiting through two hours of Cash Cab and Jeopardy and other non-Jonas Brothers shows!) for the Jonas Brothers movie to start reminded me that life could be more difficult. :0)

No comments: