Monday, July 14, 2008

Road Trip: Part 4


My mom used to be very vocal about how silly it was for me to drive long distances after dark. She was not a fan of me driving back to school after the sun had set. (I didn't feel like driving into the setting sun for hours. There's not a lot for the sun to drop behind on the Illinois horizon, you know?)


She said nothing about me driving 15 hours straight overnight with LV. Am I safer because he's there? I'm going to guess that's her logic. However, "safe" was not something LV was feeling at 4 a.m. at this rest stop when the attendant greeted him at the urinal.



When we finally arrived home, there were a few things out of place. It appears the cats climbed to a few shelves they hadn't visited before and hung out in the bathtub for a while. Strange. We returned the car. Then I slept for the rest of the day.

No comments: