Sunday, July 20, 2008

For Sale


As though the cats don't make the home office exciting enough, the home office is for sale.


The family that owns the house where we live decided to put the house on the market (where their $1.9 million home is fetching offers of $450,000). There was supposed to be an open house this day, but the real estate agent canceled it. Still, there were loads of people hanging out on our sidewalk and walking around the backyard. Some guy was handing out cards and showing people what he could. We didn't know who he was, and I was tired of all the people outside, so I decided to go ahead and confront them all.


I happened to catch him and his "clients" in the backyard, which gave me a whole lot more ground to stand on when I said I was going to call the cops about trespassing if he didn't leave. Technically, I'm sure they could have congregated on the sidewalk to their hearts' content. That wasn't really this yahoo's concern, though. He was from the same broker's office as our landlord's broker and *knew* the open house was canceled but still felt we should honor the advertisement that ran in a local paper.


LV had followed me outside. He yelled a lot. The people went away.

No comments: