Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Taxes and Tears


I realized that I was never going to finish the picture book for my friend that I was going to make as a thanks-for-being-my-matron-of-honor gift before I saw her again. (It should have been done July 2007...) So, I decided to make gifts for her babies instead. And a bag for myself.



The original idea for "dinosaur girly" came from a dream that LV had where we were selling T-shirts under a label by that name. The logo for the label was based on a drawing that I made in a "class" where Scrappy taught me to draw a dinosaur. Later we decided that Dinosaur Girly would be the name for a lot of things, like a design firm.


Cafe Press had a sale for shopkeepers. You could buy your own merchandise at a discount. I quickly designed some shirts and onesies and bibs and a bag. I placed the order.


I went to get my taxes done. I was in quite a foul mood afterward.


Then, either due to my day with the tax man or the enormous sugar rush I was coming down from, I couldn't help but burst into tears when I couldn't locate my Cafe Press package. Someone hadn't stolen my stuff--they had gifts for babies. Babies! Personalized for babies! Who does that...


Apparently no one.


I missed the delivery by about 10 minutes and someone thought to pick the package up from where the mailman left it. Though, this same person didn't think to come tell me they had my package any of the four times I was searching around the outside of the house hysterically.


Too much Easter candy is baaaaaad.


Cafe Press didn't question what happened to my package. No signature was required and I probably still sounded hysterical when I called customer service. They sent another one immediately. Now I have two of everything I ordered. Well, until I give it away.

No comments: