Saturday, October 13, 2007

The New Camera


So, I was heading off to the Tavern on the Green that morning, bracing myself for a retarded construction-filled commute, when I remembered that I didn't have my Metro card. Hurrying back to the apartment, I saw a mailman ringing the downstairs neighbor's door. He had a big box. I was late. But he had a big box.


"Can I help you?" I ask the mailman.


Why, yes, I can because he's holding a big box for me. My e-Bay seller and the USPS had rushed the 1DS I'd just paid for on Thursday. As I run up the stairs to drop off the camera and get my Metro card, I contemplate taking the box with me so I can play with it on the train.


I left it behind to open that night. This is one of the first pictures I took while testing out the functions. While switching the camera straps (the new one wasn't as good as the one on my Rebel), the Rebel fell all of 6 inches and battery door broke on it. The Rebel now sports a fancy rubber band to hold the battery in place. Hot.

No comments: