Friday, August 29, 2008

T-24 hours

LV and I wake up. I'm not sure how I ever got to sleep, but I did and I woke up. LV asks me to restate my plan for the day. My plan--even though I've never spoken with the designer and I've put myself into this frenzy of a search because she just wanted to know if it was *possible* to shoot Saturday--is to go pick up the rental lens, pick up LV's comics, and buy a lot of snacks for the shoot.


LV says he'll go get the lens--I need to be at the computer to keep wielding deals and make this shoot happen. I don't like to sit still when I'm that stressed. My cleaning started probably as soon as I had booked the second shoot. By this point, I had locked in a make up and hair stylist through LV, but I had no models. One agency was almost out of the question. (It wasn't completely out of the question because it was Elite, but they wanted too much...) The other agency I had only spoken to for the first time ever at the end of the previous business day, so I had no idea if they were going to come through for me with two models.


While I waited to hear if the new agency would be able to come through for me and then if the designer would want the models (or if she really did still want to shoot on Saturday), I relocated the dishwasher. Yeah. I pushed the yet-to-be-installed-after-two-years dishwasher from one end of the house to the other to give the kitchen more space. Then I swept. Then I vacuumed the refrigerator coils. Then I mopped the kitchen floor. Three times. Then I checked my email again.


The booker from the new agency was leaving at 1 p.m. It was after 12. I was completely freaking.


Shoots just come together, though. It's a mystery, but they do. By 12:45 I had two models that satisfied the designer and all the right stylists. The shoot was on.

No comments: