Monday, August 11, 2008

Something Needs to Change


I didn't like finding LV's drawing materials on my vanity. The whole reason I had cleared off the vanity was so that I could use it as a vanity. But he took that as opportunity to stack up comic boards and rulers and pencils on surface *and* the stool. Something had to change.


We have two kinds of walls in our apartment: those that are impervious to drills (ask the DirecTV guy who ruined his drill) and those that can't support more than a nail. Shelves are out of the question unless they are part of a bookcase. But I was determined to make the office better. Or at least find a new home for all of LV's drawing materials.


The idea didn't hit me until after I had streamlined every other shelf in the apartment. (We have sooo much clutter. "So much" = Christmas cards LV bought and then lost track of among all the books and receipts and action figures on one particular shelf.) When LV came home, he was slightly freaked out that furniture had moved and his toys all had new homes. I had asked him if I could throw out all the receipts, so he knew something was going to be different.


"Where's Venom?"


"With the second shelf of comic-based DVDS."


After he located everyone, I showed him what had happened to the folding table:



He now had a dumping ground for drawing materials that he could also clear off and actually use for drawing. He was excited.

No comments: