Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Props


I picked up a new client from craigslist who wants to pay for portrait sessions, but also wanted me to have a really comfy chair in my studio. I thought this was a bit ridiculous because he wasn't going to pay enough to off-set the cost of a good armchair from someplace cheap, like Target or IKEA. Then I took a look at the used furniture for sale on craigslist and found this lovely Workbench armchair.


Regular people selling their used goods on CL don't deliver, so I had to find a rental car large enough, pick Scrappy up from school, get to the rental car, pick up the chair, hope we all fit, and then return the car after dropping the chair at home. Luckily, LV was working in Manhattan that day and could go move the chair to the sidewalk and then hop on the subway with Scrappy after we wouldn't all fit. I beat them home, enlisted the help of a neighbor to move the chair, and was able to return the car before the rental time ended. It was more drama than I usually like on a Friday night.

No comments: